Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Crib Set

So we're "expecting" a little girl relatively soon...


In the meantime, I made a few crib sheets, a crib skirt, and a little crib quilt to match. As she'll be sharing a room with our son for a time, I stuck with the colors all his quilts have (blue, green, and some grey), but of course, hers is far more "girly".

I used a great tutorial you can see here for the crib sheet...and another tutorial you can see here for the crib skirt.

Here's some other pix of the matching quilt .
I'm particularly fond of the fairy toile (Michael Miller fabrics) in apple green for the backing.


I was going for "whimsical" and think I got it.






And every child ought to have a soft (preferably flannel), fray-edged rag quilt, so here's a sample of one I started for our little girl, all cut out (actually waiting for the last fabric addition to come in the mail..You know how sometimes a quilt is lacking in some way and requires the addition of one more fabulous fabric to pull it all together? Yes..fabric stores love me. Check out www.fabric.com. I'd go broke without them and their great discounted prices.)

So that is the progress on baby preparation for now. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'd say that you are progressing merrily as you go! Really....everything is lovely and so
    "girly".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, shall we wager on the matching sheet getting 24 hours of use before it's "soiled"...lol. It's nice to at least start out "matchy matchy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes! Matchy matchy! Don't count on hours at first anyway.

    ReplyDelete