Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tin Can Quilt Project

It still amazes me that our little boy, no longer the baby, is now picking me choice "weeds". This is the first year I've been gifted with such graciousness...Here's a picture of the latest loveliness.
We presently have a trend of displaying weeds as table centerpieces at our house; it's really about the giver, you see. :)

...Little delights for mom, carefully mauled over, selected, and delivered with pride and a beaming countenance. If you have a little one, you know what I'm talking about, lol.

So I keep marching onward with the projects. I've been putting off quilting a quilt that I pieced to be a porch n' picnic quilt for our family after a nightmare round with my sewing machine and tension problems and numerous trips to the repair shop (which, by the way, ended in the repairman concluding that he has done what he can for the machine and it no longer sews a decent free-motion quilting stitch. So I now have a different machine). Does anyone else occasionally have a tension-causing- (in your own head) round with sewing machine tension problems?

At any rate, a tin that I found at a second-hand store has been charming me for years, and I decided this winter to make a quilt based on the colors. Here's the little tin:

And here is a picture of the quilt, waiting to be quilted (some free motion pattern, yet to be decided):

The triangle of a flap at the top of the picture is just the back flipped for a peek at the backing.

I have a very similiar,smaller quilt listed in my Etsy shop for sale here

There are many other irons in the fire, but I've decided to get a move on finishing the quilt because it would be nice to use this spring and summer.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, really like it the old candy can and quilt. You captured the personality of the candy can with your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete