Friday, April 30, 2010


Yesturday was sunny and bright. Two men got up in the morning and went to work...business as usual, until the trench they were working in collapsed. One lived and the other did not.

My heart is heavy today; these same men had done the concrete for our house when we were building. The man who died, my husband's age, has a spouse expecting a baby. I cannot fathom the depths of sorrow.

"Why?" is an unanswerable question. All I know is God's promise(s): "I will turn your sadness to gladness. I will give you comfort and joy." (Jer 31:13)
Someday will come, and our questions will be answered. Until then...

It surely doesn't hurt to "love on" our family a bit more. In various ways.

Meanwhile, my sweetie just drifted through here and said hopefully, "Honey, maybe you could come out to the garage and sort through your horse care stuff...I'll even help you, we'll do it together."

(He is organized; I, on the other hand, know what I'm looking for is here somewhere...and if I spread everything out a little bit more, I might be able to find it..) I replied something to the effect, "I don't really think the horse stuff needs organized..." At which point I thought to myself: "Such a little thing to do, something so little that pleases him, for heaven's sake, go help clean your own mess."

And so onward we go, I go to the garage to join my dear husband, as soon as I'm done with the blog..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment