Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cupboard Confession

This is my pot cupboard. Shocking, isn't it? Downright shameful, even. I am somewhat gleeful as I post this, because as I get closer to my 30th birthday, I realize that there are some things that I'm good at. And some things that I'm just not good at. And organized cupboards clearly fall into the latter category. And frankly, I'm really comfortable with that.

Now just so you know...I try. I really do try, but inevitably after a round of re-organization, things end up how things appear in this picture (jumbled). In my defense, please note the clever and delicate balancing act between the pots of varying sizes, and how the lids are so easily accessible..no unstacking here!

Nevertheless, I cannot deny my chagrin when an especially loud tussle with the pots wakes the baby; but overall, I'm okay with this arrangement. Does anyone else care to share their housekeeping follies?

1 comment:

  1. Even in your lack of organization, there appears to be some organization. So perhaps not all is lost except in the loud clanging of the crashing pots and lids?? No matter. There is more to life than perfectly organized cupboards. kls

    ReplyDelete