This is Baby Girl's Thanksgiving Dress. I actually made it from a bolt of heavier-weight fabric for curtains, upholstery, etc., that I have for sale for here in my Ebay store, Blackberry's shed, by the yard.
And I love the fabric. Turned out very nice for a dressy-dress.
I made a recent trip to Joann Fabric, and was pine-ing after a blush-pink satin for Baby Girl (which is not what I went shopping for). Now you need to understand that I have a basement full of mostly decor-weight fabric (bought from a going-out-of-business factory), that I sell on Ebay. After a brisk mental regrouping, I left Joann's without the pink satin, having decided to make something work for her dress from my basement store.
The sash, a small compromise, is made from an on-sale fabric from Joann's... "tropical linen" has metallic gold stripes. If I had it to do it over, I would gather the over-lay of tulle for a bit more pizzazz, but I'm still pleased with the creation. I didn't want the dress to be "fussy" (this time :) ), and I don't believe it is.
Also, I forced myself to try sewing with elastic thread for the first time (note the sleeves), AND it really IS as easy as the say it is. Much simpler than making a casing for the elastic and feeding it through. (Google "sewing with elastic thread" and you'll find out everything you need to know. Okay, basically, I'll just tell you...merely wind the bobbin with the elastic thread, by hand. Proceed to sew as normal; you can also use a zig zag stitch, or variation thereof, for different effects.)