I'm especially pleased because I "designed" it, and it worked out fine. You see, last year at this time, I had just started "sewing" (instead of only "quilting") and was still flummoxed attempting to follow pattern instructions (I still struggle with that sometimes...).
But I wanted to make a dress reminiscent of gypsies for Baby Girl, and based, also, on my interpretation of this look. I have a very nice "Idea Notebook", and this is the page with my ideas sketched out, and the picture for inspiration.
Additionally, we have a week-long booking with our gypsy-themed rosinback act later in the year, and I thought it would be fun if Baby Girl had some outfits to wear to fit in with the rest of us! (Might as well indulge now... She might boycott dresses later on...)
So cute. I have a thing for pinafores now. I made this one extra full and shorter on the sides. The dress underneath is just a basic elastic-necked design, with very full sleeves to "blouse". And I added a panel at each side seam of the dress, so that the dress will "kick out" a bit, underneath the pinafore. I dyed this "Scarlet". It did not turn out exactly as that, but I'm just as happy with it.