Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrock Day

Well,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have nothing particularly poignant to say today....

But as a nod to the Irish part of my heritage, I cranked out the quilting  of the Celtic Quilt.  Which was somewhat tedious, I must say.  But an expedited process, because when I quilt a quilt, it gets set up on the kitchen table.  This time it took me a week (due to the slow, echo quilting of the Celtic symbol blocks).  In my defense, I worked on it any spare minute just to get it out of every one's way. :-)


 
Now I just need to bind it.  When I do, I'll post the pictures and will include pictures of the backing I found for it, which is "just right."

1 comment:

  1. Really your efforts are quite awesome. The quilt has a definite Irish persona which is unique. Glad to see the shamrock plant flourishing at your window.

    ReplyDelete