Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pole Bean Teepee


Along with our Sunflower House project this year, we are making a runner bean/gourd/morning glory/sweet pea teepee for our Strapping Young Lad.  (As if the trials from last year's Sunflower House weren't enough...)

We decided to use these rockin' poles that we salvaged in the (my Dad's) woods after a stormStrapping Young Lad was slightly puffed with pride after doing his share of dragging these out.


We lashed them together with some ever-present baling twine, worked up the good earth around it, and now have a nice structure waiting for the seeds to sprout.


Stay tuned for the inevitable failures, as well as the successes of our small endeavor for Strapping Young Lad's play-land.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived next door to you! LY Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we'd have some good times. I'd probably try to connive to make you hang out with me while I sew and while you crochet. :-)

    ReplyDelete