Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ta Da!: The Finished Celtic Quilt

Yes, finally.  The Celtic Quilt had been finished, and waiting to be bound with binding for a month or two; while I was feeling too stingy to purchase the 1/2 yard of fabric needed to bind it with (that, My Friends, is a slippery slope; however, b/c the online fabric store I frequent is "spend-$35-for-free-shipping"....  I did stay strong; nevertheless, and only purchased the needed-1/2-yard.  Congratulations, on my control, are in order.).



I love the backing fabric for it.  The oak tree is also very symbolic among the Irish.


 Can you tell I took these pictures right before a big storm?


I quilted a modified dewdrop pattern overall, and outline quilted around the celtic symbol appliques.


I think this will be a good "porch quilt."



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! As with many quilts I've made, I started out not-sure-if-I-like-it, but by the time it's finished, I end up very happy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! Wow! I love it! -J

    ReplyDelete