Monday, June 20, 2011

Appalachian Sophistication


Hubby surprised me with this the other evening... :-)
It's my favorite wine.  Not too sweet, not too dry.  And I like that it's from NY...supporting "local" (definition of "local" being somewhat broad) vineyards.

Interestingly, we tried this the first time, because I liked the picture on the bottle.  Yes, I'm one of those.  I have been known to choose a wine based on the merits of the picture on the bottle.  Sophisticated, hhmm? In this case, nevertheless, it was a great choice.


Love my Goat Red Wine, Bully Hill Vineyards

We joke that we should spend our evenings, after the Wee Ones are in bed, in the kiddie pool in the cabana-style corner of our porch, with some sophisticated wine that was picked through our ultra-selective-and-discerning-wine-choosing method.

Add the horse-water-trough-heater and some forced air bubbles via the air compressor... and we'd be all set for a romantic evening.  Who says you have to spend alot of money for a good time...


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Bully Hill wine (and yes, as much for the pictures as for the taste).... that puts us in the same swimming pool as you. :) -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known that you would appreciate Bully Hill. I always thought the goat had a resemblance to Chloe. ;)

    ReplyDelete