Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Calico for The Cousins


I recently made these simple calico dresses with attached petticoates and aprons, for Baby Girl and her little cousin, who is a year older than her.

This is also a great way to repurpose vintage hankies...that's what the attached aprons are.  I chose a very quaint hankie with sweet details for my niece's.  And Baby Girl's is clearly bolder; not sure how well it goes with the calico, but I like it.

Oftentimes when I make something for my little niece, it ends up having a title. Kind of like a chapter title.  For instance, this dress for her is called "Emily Picks Apples."  Doesn't it look like an apple-pickin' kind of get up?


Can you see barefeet peeking out from under it, and the apron full of just-picked fruit?



And Baby Girl's dress...Well, hers is titled "Toddlin' Into Trouble Dress."  lol


1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! Dresses are really very interesting with the use of treasured hankies.

    ReplyDelete