Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Grape Cordial Recipe

So, last year, I posted a recipe from my sister-in-law for making homemade (alcoholic) grape cordial.

This year, there were enough grapes at our cabin that we felt free to try our hand at making grape cordial.

We did, of course, use my sister-in-law's recipe.

(Some comments from our experience:

- We didn't need to prick the grapes with a needle since nearly every single grape had a split skin from picking it off the vine.

- I used the sugar syrup recipe, not the honey recipe, since I was advised that the honey will make the cordial cloudier.

-We used a run-of-the-mill, inexpensive vodka, but the results are...delightful...)


At any rate, I have several little crystal cordial and liquor glasses in varying sizes that I've always wondered what to do with them...but they were my Mema's, in addition to being so pretty, so I've kept them around.


Now these glasses have a purpose around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment