Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Message Quilt: Block 3, Delectable Mountain & Path Through the Woods

I stuffed two different blocks into one, for this block, with some modifications.  I can't remember why I felt the need to do that, but I did.



The blue portion is "Delectable Mountains" and the neutral triangles are a modified "Path Through the Woods."



We love mountains. 

Sometimes they're insurmountable. 

Sometimes they're majestic and they take our breath away. 

Mountains deserved a presence in this quilt, so this one is for Strapping Young Lad.



And Path through the Woods.
  I chose fabric for this portion that is an old-fashioned script on a creamy background.  Because the Message Quilt is a love letter of sorts to Strapping Young Lad.  And my Mother's wish is that my Love and words will guide his path as he makes his way "through the woods."

(How is it possible to love Someone So Much...)


Three quilt blocks down... 27 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment