Monday, January 23, 2012

The Message Quilt: Block 7, Whirlwind

Ah, the Whirlwind.  This block was a relief to assemble after The Tree of Life block and it's many-many  (seemingly) micro triangles.



Well, I chose the Whirlwind because sometimes Life is a Whirlwind. 
 So Strapping Young Lad needs to know.....

Try to see the Beauty wherever you can. 
Try to see the Magic (it's in there, in the Whirlwind). 
 But you must hold on, Strapping Young Lad,
because it's a Long, Hard Ride.


And there it is.
Seven blocks down, 23 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. I am working on a similar quilt and the blocks are sitting downstairs, lonely, in my sewing room. So much fun to piece a quilt top, so much work to sew it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I enjoy the piecing as well. The part I dread is quilting it. (That's why I steer away from bed-sized quilts, I guess. We have 6 or 7 lap-sized ones laying around here.) I'd love to see a pic of your quilt when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete