Friday, January 20, 2012

Powder Puff Kids

I was floating about in the morning, preparing to pack up our 2 little People, to go grocery shopping.

I could hear their laughter coming from Strapping Young Lad's room.
From my rosy-hued-perspective, I thought something to the extent, "How delighful...the laughter of children..." (Yes, I'm a dork.  Yes, I float around in a creative, love-filled haze... Naive Mommy.)

This is what I saw when I checked in on them.



Can you see that even the air is pregnant with powder? (Note who is "running" the powder weapon.)


I still don't know what to say.  In between my exclamations of surprise, at some point I managed a grand total of  one stern look directed at Strapping Young Lad, until I just gave in to the experience and started taking pictures.



"The laughter of children..."  No, more like the cackling of naughty urchins as they gleefully spread powder like it's fairy dust.







PS.  Those aren't "pig-tails"...they're horns.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! The wonderous days of mothering...children are sooooooo entertaining! You certainly took advantage of a "Kodak" moment even though Kodak is just about to be no more! Hope you got all involved cleaned up and the air cleared of fairy dust! Never entirely trust the laughter of children.........without a quick peek in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh...THAT made me laugh!
    So cute and funny!
    Kudos to you for being the Mommy who grabs the camera
    instead of poppin' behinds.
    :) Y'all will be able to laugh at those naughty babies thanks to the pictures FOR YEARS!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Exactly "never trust (entirely) the laughter of children..." Naughty babies indeed. Yes I know this was a bit of a health hazard too. I dusted the People off, vaccuumed, and we went grocery shopping while the house aired out.

    ReplyDelete