Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Upcycling Jeans



In between working on Strapping Young Lad's quilt blocks, I decided to take a break from triangles and bitty pieces of fabric to make a little something with almost-immediate gratification.  (That's one of the things I love about sewing, apart from quilting.. a bit of effort, a bit of time, and voila! A finished item...)

I had a pair of vintage Levi's in my "upcycle" bag of clothing.  They were actually Pappy's.


A bit of downsizing, leg cuffs, new pockets and one peeking frog later, we have something for Strapping Young Lad to wear. 


They're a bit large on him presently, but that's room to grow!

The peeking frog was a crowd pleaser, by the way.



And with the old jean's pockets, I made a pencil holder for Strapping Young Lad, the front pocket is roomy enough for one of his little notebooks.

  I've noticed that this little holder is what Baby Girl covets the most, so I'll have to make her one too at some point.


1 comment:

  1. You know, Pappy would be pleased as well and perhaps give one of his sted comments. There is nothing like making something better out of something well used. A frog in the pocket is certainly a winner!

    ReplyDelete