Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Message Quilt: Block 17, Bird's Nest

This next block is called "Bird's Nest."  I really, really like this block, but didn't particularly enjoy assembling it.



I chose this for Strapping Young Lad's quilt as a symbol of our Home, his nest.

I love my Peeps.  I love feathering this Nest.  I generally feel like our clucky, indigant hens...fussing over, caring for, herding...my Peeps. 
And "flopping" anything that interferes with these Peepers.


But someday I'll say,

 "Fly!
With all my love, fly away!" 

 Heartbreaking for Momma. 
But my very Important Job. 

 So, Strapping Young Lad, just know that I have "feathered" your nest Diligently.  Purposefully.
Painstakingly.
And I've cherished every minute.
 Fly high, kiddo.


Seventeen blocks down, 13 more to go.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes...the "fly away" will be terrible...but wonderful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I try to look at it as then it'll be more time for "Hubby" and me. Anyway, there's still time. :)

    ReplyDelete