Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let's talk about Loooove

As mentioned before, our family has been on the receiving end of a crime. 
What is particularly excruciating is that we're not safe until the perpetrator is behind bars. 
 It is interesting to know now what it's like to live with founded daily fear.
And to be powerless. 
 It lends perspective for us in regards to others, also in suffering for various reasons, around the globe.


Meanwhile, allow me to rant about Love.  It sustains us.

Love is less pastels and Victorian romances (I am an ardent Jane Austen fan).

Love is not poetry.

Love is not always soft.

Love is Fierce.

Love does not tuck tail and run on the Day of Trouble.

Love bears terrible defeat, dusts itself off, and lives to protect the Object of Love another day.

When the dust..the smoke clears..Love is there.  It was there all along; it never left. 

Love is steadfastly standing by and with.  Even though this is not the Life Anyone dreamed of.

Love sustains the Others.  At great personal cost.

Love looks Evil in the eye, though Heart trembles in fear.  Love looks Evil in the eye and says "I'll not rest until Child is safe. And you're behind bars."

Love picks up the Pieces.  Every-D*mn-Day.  Hand-in-hand.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome account of what LOVE is in the reality of life. It has been said, "Life - not for the faint-hearted!" But REAL LOVE will see you through it.....you define "it." Fill your heart with REAL LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty girl, I don't know what's going on, but my heart is heavy for you and your family. I will be praying sincere and pleading prayers for you and yours...

    When I think of you, the words "STRONG, SENSITIVE, INDEPENDENT" come to mind. When I think of your husband, I think "BRAVE, STEADY, AND KIND." Those two kiddos of yours are precious. Part of my prayers for all of you will be that you, as a family, will feel Gods love and protection wrapped around you like a warm blanket CONSTANTLY throughout this struggle...and that justice will be swift and severe.
    Know that I care about y'all. Wish I could give you a hug! And if something in addition to prayers can be done, you just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments...so much for a "carefree" blog, lol. I've considered doing 2 blogs...one to stay "crafty" and the other to vent as we go through this process of the "justice system." "Crafty/creative" just doesn't seem to mix so well with "deep personal anguish" posts! lol. Or maybe you can just ride the roller coaster too. Anyway, thanks for the prayers; we need them.
      xo

      Delete
  3. "Love bears terrible defeat, dusts itself off, and lives to protect the Object of Love another day."....this made me cry. How I wish I didn't understand. But I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I, too, Angie. I understand....all too well I understand!

      Delete
  4. The price of Loving is high, but without it there's no reason to live, eh? I'm sorry, too, from the bottom of my heart, that you know the full meaning of that line, Angie.

    ReplyDelete