Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Message Quilt: Block 30, Setting Sun

Ah the last block.... When I started this project, I thought these quilt blocks would be a silent message to Strapping Young Lad.  I didn't anticipate that I'd have so much to say about each block.


This is another  block that I was grateful to have learned to paper piece.  I don't think I could have managed the curves so effectively without paper piecing.  Stress-free, merely slightly tedious.


So, Strapping Young Lad, this is the last block made over a long, dark winter.
I mused as I worked on these, that this quilt will still be here, after I'm gone...many years from now.  A pleasing concept...

My wish is that this quilt will remind you of your Momma's fierce, abiding love for you.
That it will remind you that....
I believe in you.
Always have.

The Time goes so quickly.  When the sun sets on Life here...sad to be separated from Loved Ones.

But I'll be waiting...
Until the Day Breaks.

See you in the Morning.
All my love, your Momma

1 comment:

  1. Altogether lovely, Merry Mama!
    And indeed it has been a very
    long, dark winter. But you have
    this beautiful story of love
    and wisdom to pass on to Young
    Lad even into his adulthood.
    I expect to know(even from
    the heavenlies) that this
    young lad will be all that
    you have prayed him to be
    b/c of your love and God's
    care & directions!

    ReplyDelete