Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's (Almost) Finished.


Here it is; the Message Quilt blocks all pieced together.  I feel the need to clarify, though no one's day will be hugely changed by the information, that the background fabric color is grey.  Kona Coal. Not black.  (I have become quite fond of "grey" in the past few years.  It is, I believe, my neutral of choice...)


This still needs to be quilted.  I've been slowly drawn to hand-quilting in the past months as I've considered how to finish this gift for Strapping Young Lad.  (I'm a free-motion machine quilter who regularly struggles with thread tension.)

"It will take the rest of your life to get it done..." my Mother has sagely said, in regards to hand-quilting.


Nevertheless. 
I envision half an hour here.  Half an hour there. 
Spent hand-sewing a quilt in my lap while watching the children in the kiddie pool.  While putting our feet up back at the horse trailer, after a job, sitting in our camp chairs. 
While sitting on the porch in the midafternoon.
While admiring my children at their work-play (and mediating the occasional disagreement...!).


Instead of being hunched over my sewing machine. 

We'll see how the hand-quilting project goes.






1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how colorful it is! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete