Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Finished: The Message Quilt


The Message Quilt has been finished for a few months, but it was difficult to find cooperative weather for a photo shoot.

The pictures don't do it justice; but I don't have the energy to do another photo shoot. :)

This is my first hand-quilted quilt.  I quilted it "modern" with DMC embroidery thread and larger stitches.  I wouldn't change a thing and found the hand-quilting process therapeutic. (This quilt has seen many an hour being quilted in various waiting rooms...)







 
And so, the quilt has been finished for Strapping Young Lad.  He expressed more appreciation and enjoyment of it than I would expect from a young boy; it covers his bed.
 
We still have not seen justice, in regards with what has happened to him and us.  To the contrary, we continue to pay dearly in our fight for protection and what is right.
 
We wait.  Looking at the ways to be content in the turmoil as we can.
 
"I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14
 
 

Waiting.

3 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful, you should be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an awesome work of creativity and a Mother's Love. The "story" is not finished....but we hope and pray and wait for justice. Oh, Lord, how long? The quilt is so much more than can be seen. Merry Mama, it is truly lovely...just as your love for Strapping Young Lad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'm just "proud" that it's "done", lol!

    ReplyDelete