Friday, July 5, 2013

Flannel Pinwheel Quilt

 So this was the year of "Finishing." Finishing large projects, miscellaneous projects...
This pinwheel quilt is for Baby Girl's twin-size bed.  She just turned three and in defense of the timeframe for completing the quilt...it is very, VERY difficult to find flannel fabric that isn't plastered with ducks, teddy bears... or pink.
 
I found between 2-3 fabrics a year that fit into the color scheme so I just had to piece it as I found more fabric.
 
I quilted it simply "in the ditch."

And I have become very fond of a pieced backing for quilts.  Economical and far more interesting than a solid piece of fabric.
 
I really wanted something pretty and soft for my Precious Girl, and this quilt is very much what I had in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is just beautiful - such gentle subtle colours. And I have never seen a backing like that, but it is much more effective than the usual thing. I have loved looking at your quilts on your blog. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! I also enjoyed perusing through your blog...love the quilt-influenced ceramics (my grandma loved doing ceramics)! I especially love the ceramic bunting..thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete