Monday, August 19, 2013

Creme D'Mentia, Anyone?

I  pulled this concoction together to steep for a few days. 




I have a jam-packed file folder full of clipped recipes"filed" to try, and stumbled upon this recipe again while leafing through my mess.  And since I have the fresh ingredients in bountiful in my backyard (except for the sage), I decided to give this a try.
 (I regularly read cookbooks and peruse through my clippings, just for pleasure.  Weird, huh. Anyone else do that? ...It gives me new inspiration and ideas everytime.)
Here's the recipe:
(and no, I don't know who Jim Duke is...this was a magazine clipping)

Jim Duke's Creme D'Mentia

Mix 1 c of 80-proof vodka with 1 c water. 

Add 1/4 c fresh lemon,

4 T rosemary leaves, 6 T lemon balm leaves, 4 T peppermint leaves,

and 2 T sage leaves. 

Add sugar to taste.

Steep for 3 days.



I'll have to let you know how it turns out.
It smells delicious sitting next to the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment