Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Rabbit and The Bear


“For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.  Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.” Romans 8:19-21

My gentle son.  
He has a knack for finding broken creatures.
He tries to fix The Broken Things.
He has a tender heart.
I remind him that Someday, All Things will be restored.  Even the little creatures.

And I think of another gentle Son.


The following are the lyrics to "Rabbit & The Bear" by Josh Garrels.
I first heard his folksy music in church...its in stark contrast to some of the somewhat whiny/sing-songy praise songs that I dislike.  Hear this one for yourself here: Rabbit & The Bear


Run, run so fast

Over fields and grass

At last, at last

We escaped from the trap

With the rabbit and the bear

And the sparrows of the air




Come one, come all

The hunter is gone

And this is our chance

To crawl under the wire

Through the darkest wood

On up to the mountain of fire

Where everything is free

In the light of the sun

Where every creature sings

Oh Lord, you rescued us all

Don’t listen to the snake

For he lies and he takes

Your hope, your faith

Away from you

But when the lion come around

With his claw and his crown

Follow, follow

His every move



(Do you see the fragile creature tenderly clasped?)

In the song....
Garrel adds (instead of merely "Oh Lord, you rescued us all..")

"Where every creature sings,
Praise God, you rescued us all..."

So yes, Praise God.
Someday it will all be restored.

I remind myself of The Restoration when something such as a Broken Creature hurts our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Your gentle words are a comfort and a balm to my soul. How I groan along with creation for the restoration of all things! I too, love Josh Garrels. One of my favorites is Farther Along. Your boy is treasured by his Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...when it seems senseless (when I'm reminded every day of the broken-ness in the news and the horrible things humans do to eachother, everyone's losses, etc), I focus on that it WILL be made right someday. What a hope. I hadn't heard "Farther Along" but looked it up since you mentioned it. :)

    ReplyDelete